Freeland Parents Stand Up, has created the following recommendations for parents with students who have been identified as a to a COVID positive individual at school. As always, we fully support a person’s right to voluntarily wear a mask, get a vaccine, get tested or to quarantine.
- The school should not be asking students about vaccine status. If your student is asked whether he or she is vaccinated, then it is up to the parents to decide to answer “yes”, “no” or “none of your business”. If asked, please let our group know by email or Facebook.
- It is the parent’s choice to allow the school to perform a rapid COVID test on your student or you can take your student to your healthcare provider or testing center to get a rapid COVID test
- If your student is not symptomatic and has tested negative, then demand that your student be allowed to return to class. Contact us immediately by email or Facebook if your student is not allowed back to class. Continue to monitor your student for development of symptoms.
- If your student develops symptoms, then voluntarily quarantine and follow up with your healthcare provider
- If your student has a negative test but is symptomatic, then voluntarily quarantine and follow up with your healthcare provider
- If your student has a positive test, then voluntarily quarantine and follow up with your healthcare provider. A second test is recommended to confirm a positive result. If follow up tests are negative and your student does not have symptoms, then demand that your student be allowed to return to class.
- If you believe that your student is being wrongly denied an in-person education, then please contact us. There are statewide resources to file lawsuits against School Districts on your behalf.